Jeez....it's getting harder and harder to name your kid these days! Think about it...according to a new survey from parenting site ChannelMum, some names that were once pretty popular are now no-nos because of negative cultural associations.
These are some other once-popular names new parents are passing over these days.
- Alexa – because of Amazon's Alexa.
- Felicia – because of the “Bye, Felicia” meme.
- Kate – because people still love Kate Middleton, but now they’re obsessed with Meghan Markle.
- Scarlett – because parents prefer other colors today, like Violet.
- Lauren – because so many reality TV stars have the name, apparently.
- Stan – because of the hashtag #Stan, which stands for 'stalker fan' in the world of Twitter
- Harvey – because of Harvey Weinstein, naturally.
- Christian – because of “Fifty Shades of Grey” and some consider it too religious.
- Ryan – because of Irish budget airline, Ryanair
- Ollie – because it’s the name of a dog food brand caught up in a YouTube challenge where humans ate dog food and no one wants to name their baby after that.
(I think we should make Tammy popular again...it's a good name)